Knowledge Translation Lead: A Leader in Canada’s Harm Reduction Response
We have an opening for a key role on our knowledge translation team at the Dr. Peter Centre.
Knowledge Translation (KT) Lead and the Team. The KT Lead is part of a team that does capacity building work for a series of community of practice (CoP) groups. The CoP groups are for supervised consumption sites & overdose prevention sites; iOAT (injectable opiate agonist treatments); and urgent public health need sites in COVID shelters. Other KT team members include a Clinical Counselor, a Coordinator, a Knowledge Translator with Living Expertise, and a part-time Project Management Specialist. The KT Lead and other team members work under the direction of the Director of Knowledge Translation & Evaluation.
Does this sound like you?
- You’ve worked 7+ years in the social purpose sector and you’re eager to make a big impact in your next role.
- You understand harm reduction, you spent 2+ years working in a field when that understanding was necessary.
- You like to have strategic guidance and mentorship, with these in place you can take care of managing yourself for the results and course correct as necessary.
- You understand how to take action and make things happen while respectfully navigating organizational and personal cultures.
- Your values align with ours (authenticity, humanity, self-determination, tenacity, inclusive, and integrity).
What does the KT Lead do?
- You’ll play a lead role for the community of practice (CoP) groups which means making things happen for the CoP groups. This includes facilitating regular group videocalls, finding topics and speakers for calls, and being responsive to the needs of the CoP through one-to-one email and videocall communication.
- You’ll work with the Dr. Peter Centre’s KT team to understand their expertise, and how you can draw from that to give the CoP members what they’re looking for. You don’t need to be the content expert, but you’ll need to be able to connect with content experts.
- You’ll lead the process for annual and semi-annual program evaluation, and play a key role in the regular budget control process.
- You’ll also play a key role in finding new project funding which will involve working with the team to develop funding and grant proposals.
- It’s a Monday-to-Friday, fulltime (35-hour/week) position but there will definitely be times when you’re working outside of business hours.
- You need to work on-site at the Dr. Peter Centre in Vancouver’s West End. There is an opportunity for some remote or from home.
- Most of the KT positions have a master’s degree but it’s not required for the KT Lead position. You do need enough work experience so that you can play a lead role on the KT team.
Compensation: This position has an annual salary range of $65,000 to $74,500. We also have a benefits package.
Position Term: This is a 2-year term position.
How to apply: To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: This posting will close on March 31st at 5pm PST.
About Dr. Peter, the Dr. Peter AIDS Foundation, and the Dr. Peter Centre:
Dr. Peter Jepson-Young was a young, self-identified gay Vancouver-based physician who shifted public views on HIV/AIDS through sharing his personal story of living with and dying of AIDS. He accomplished this through his weekly Dr. Peter Diaries on CBC-TV from 1990 until his death in 1992. Shortly before his death, he established the Dr. Peter AIDS Foundation with the mission of providing comfort care to people living with HIV/AIDS. The Dr. Peter Centre opened in 1997. The Centre’s mandate is to provide programs for individuals with HIV and additional complex health and social issues (e.g. mental health issues, substance use, homelessness, etc.). These programs include: a Day Health Program, a 24-hour Residence with Specialised Nursing Care, and an Enhanced Supportive Housing program. A key program that we’ve developed in the last five years is a Knowledge Translation program, which uses our frontline experience to provide capacity building for other frontline agencies.